Saturday, May 20, 2006

Present for Kathy


This is a hand-made envelope I've sewn for Kathy who is my boyfriend's grandmother. She's taking us out for some posh nosh tomorrow, so I thought it'd be nice to make her something so she knew I appreciated the thought. Because she's blind I tried to make it as tactile as possible. Its made of felt and ribbon and buttons and glitter and sequins and little bead bits The idea has gone a bit pear-shaped because I wanted to put a Braille message inside it for her, but when I got the transcript back from L-Mail I couldn't believe how huge the letter was! I had only written one paragraph! I can't fold it up and force the paper inside the envelope in case it becomes unreadable, so I'll have to think of something else to put inside it! The Braille looks so amazing though. I can't believe all those dots form legible sentences. They look so delicate on the page and it really impresses me.

No comments: