Saturday, April 28, 2007

Painting on cardboard



Just thought I'd post those gouache paintings I mentioned from the previous post. They turned out pretty well, I 'm quite pleased. Usually I make irreparable mistakes when I paint. At least when it's digital I can press "undo" over and over if I make massive blunders.
This weekend I'm really praying my felt cupcakes reach their destination for the foodstuff exhibition before the deadline on Tuesday. I posted the pesky things LAST THURSDAY and I got an email from the curator saying she still hasn't received them. I feel pretty frustrated, all that effort and nothing to show for it, but there isn't much I can do now is there? I just have to hope that those lazy-arsed postmen get their act together on time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely wicked! I love these, you should stick at the painting. I know exactly what you mean about the 'undo' i even keep going to do that myself when i paint.
These are seriously good, i especialy like the second one

Liam

natural attrill said...

Oh thats awful, I hope they turn up on time, my fingers are crossed for you.
These paintings on cardboard are great, I have always liked your characters, but there is somthing so much more special about these, not sure why, I think it is because they are handpainted. The bottom one is my favourite, though both are lovely, I really really like them, please do some more!!!Penny.
x

Deb said...

wow! these are fab-totally fab! i love all the swirly lines and the colours are brill.
dx

Pea said...

Hi Madame B,
These are lovely- the top one's my favourite. I like the way you've let the cardboard show through on parts of the illustration.
Must be strange going from digital back to paint? Which do you prefer?

x

Priscilla P said...

hello!
thank you for the comment on my blog. ♥
i really adore your work..the details you put in are absolutely amazing.

Unknown said...

Thanks guys!

Pea, I'm a bit strange, I wouldn't say I've gone "back" to paint, as I started digitally. Its good to have something tangible, to hold a painting rather than a file on a mac that needs printing. But I am a control freak I think, I can redo mistakes on a computer. With paint I have to accept them or make them work in the painting's favour somehow!

lorna said...

These are adorable. And the colours are so strong and bold and delicious. :o)