Saturday, May 26, 2007

Mermaids



After a roller-coaster of a week at the greeting cards studio, I think I can finally relax a bit. The studio is to be shut down in late June as they can't afford to keep it open, but my job as a cute illustrator is safe at least and I won't have to relocate, it is possible for me to do my regular day job from home. Phew! I am so relieved. It just would have been a real struggle if I was made redundant, but I feel such unhappiness because the designers at Poppy Hill Studio are just awesome folk and we are going to miss each other so much.

On a good note though, these black & white mermaid illustrations are new embroidery designs. I think these are great. I liked them so much I have added colour to my favourite one.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi Marisa!

Glad things are working out!

Love these illustrations, by the way, both BW and colour.

Ambrosia Delights said...

I love the mermaids! They're so very cute! I would love to applique something like this on a tee or overall dress for a little girl.

Lunabee said...

Wowweee! mermaids are my favourite thing ever! These are fantasticola! x