Wednesday, June 20, 2007

New Bogg Girl Plushie




This is a new bogg girl plushie. Compared to my first attempt I have played around with the face details, made her legs longer so she sits more upright (rather than a bit slumped like the previous one) and extended her neck. The neck extension was a big mistake! Her head was really floppy so I knitted a little scarf to give her a bit of support. Her hair is still nice and big and I'm pleased with her. She is totally hand sewn and I did get a bit bored!

In the bathroom I have just gloss sprayed some Russian dolls. I bought the plain wooden dolls from ebay and painted them myself in a sort of Kokeshi style. They are so tiny! I'll post pictures when the gloss dries.

5 comments:

natural attrill said...

Cute!
The russian doll idea sounds interesting,
Toby.

Pea said...

Wow!! Love your bogg girl and also can't wait to see your russian dolls as I love kokeshi dolls!

Cathy said...

These are wonderful, Marisa - looking forward to seeing the Russian dolls!

Catherine Hayward said...

Wow she's great :) Is she going on etsy?

Unknown said...

Oh! Yes, she is on Etsy! She can be found here:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6257166

Thanks for your comments guys. It's my ambition to get a bigger place so I can find room for a sewing machine. Then hopefully I won't get so bored sewing by hand all the time! It is relaxing to do in-front of the telly though!