Sunday, September 09, 2007

Polar Bear Cub Toy



This is a little polar bear cub that I've just finished today. I got some pattern ideas for 3D soft toys from a craft book I found in a charity shop. "The Splendid Soft Toy Book" was printed in 1978 and gives loads of tips on how to take profile illustrations of animals and convert them into toys that can stand on their own 4 feet. So I decided on a polar bear cub as I am drawing lots of these in my day job at the moment. I can't wait to try making all sorts of animals using this method!

6 comments:

Deb said...

orrr wow! i bet that book was a find. i found a soft toy book in a charity shop once but i misplaced it with all the moving houses. it had some really groovy fabric in from the seventies. i look forward to seeing your future designs. dx.

natural attrill said...

Love the bear, very cute face and I like the pale blue blanket stitching.
P.x

Inspector Marmalade said...

That is adorable! that sounds like a brilliant book, ladysnail and I might have to go on a book hunt one day and find one! I look forward to seeing more cute doodle plushes! x

Anonymous said...

I love this little guy!

Cathy said...

Ooh - these are just so sweet, as is the little dinosaur up above!

Anonymous said...

Is the book by Erna Rath?