Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Movember issue of The Bedford Clanger


The Bedford Clanger is a local arts and events newspaper for Bedford. I'm the designer, which means every month I slot in a few articles, tart up a few photos and rustle up a few ads. Actually it can be hard work sometimes, especially as time is always against me! I find I have the layout just the way I want it then suddenly a last minute article gets emailed through and I have to shrink photos and jiggle everything around again. It's a good project to be involved with though and it's worth the effort.

We print our papers via the newspaper club and they are available to pick up at independent shops, cafes and businesses in Bedford town centre. Folks not of the Bedford parish can read it online at scribd .

This month is a Movember issue so we are focusing on men's health charity events from art auctions to gala nights. The front cover (pictured) is by Bedford based artist, Anne-Marie Stijelja. She created this Movemeber inspired artwork for the charity auction.

No comments: