Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Easy Pop Up Card Tutorial

This is one of the easiest ways I've seen to make a really quick but cute homemade pop-up card.


Cut out your images or photos. I used one of my own dinosaur digi-stamps. I printed him out on my home printer onto some sturdy paper.

Next colour him in. For the cute handmade touch I painted him in watercolours.

Then I added some glitter glue to give him a bit of sparkle.

Get some pretty card, fold it in half and mark out in pencil the boxes where you want your characters to go. They can be any width you like, but make sure the length is equal distance from the centre fold or your card won't close flat.  Cut (with a scalpel or craft knife) the lines perpendicular to the centre fold.

Then ease the flaps out. *Gasps!* It's 3D! Exciting huh? Keep those folds nice and crisp!

When your paint dries, stick your little dude on to the 3D tabs you've made.

It's tempting to open and close your card over and over again at this point because it looks darn fab!

Those ugly gaps need covering, so glue another piece of patterned paper that is the same size as your card over the back.


Alright! Now you can decorate the front if you want, and write your message on the inside. ROAR!  




No comments: